Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Hunting the Flutterbys

Wings-wide
Wings-wide
Drie and I went to the Detroit Zoo's Butterfly House to test the new Nikkor 105mm f/2.8 Micro lens. One of the first shots I caught was this one. I was a little further from the butterfly than I would have liked, but it was a nice, quick shot.

The Eyes of a Butterfly
The Eyes of a Butterfly
This was an attempt of a close-up on the face of a butterfly. The depth-of-field at that range is extremely shallow and with the low light, f2.8 was the best I could shoot.

Posing on a Leaf
Posing on a Leaf
This butterfly was kind enough to pose for me.

Stopping for Drinks
Stopping for Drinks
I was very pleased with this one. The color and clarity on the 105mm Micro are wonderful. I look forward to getting an opportunity to see what it can really do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home