Tuesday, December 23, 2008

My Most Popular Flickr Image

Pere Marquette 1225 Passes the Michigan Bean Company
Pere Marquette 1225 Passes the Michigan Bean Company
Just over three years back I was given the opportunity to capture an image I'd been looking for the whole of the four years I have been working with the Steam Railroading Institute. Today that image is my top image on Flickr with 9,422 views, 176 favorites, and 93 comments as of this posting. As happy as I was with the image, I still wasn't thrilled having hoped for a sky with fewer clouds. I wasn't willing to composite in the sky, but removing a yellow post in front of the red shed in post didn't bother me. Looking at the image now, I don't think there's much I would have changed though. I'd still have liked more blue in the sky to make the smoke and steam pop, but overall its just as I'd envisioned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home